It is common to have a phase that your B2B clients work through: First leads, then prospects, and finally (hopefully) customers. For better sales engagement you need to be ready for your clients to jump around.
“The buyer’s journey is not really a linear path anymore. It’s more about being ready with the content that prospects need when they are making a decision.” Dillon Allie, VP of Client Services, HDMZ
Your buyers come to you from organic searches. The phase that each buyer progresses through is not the same, and your team needs to be ready. Some will come to your site and be ready to purchase while other may still be in the research phase of buying.
No matter where your B2B client is you need to gather the right information and ask the right questions to ensure better business relationship management. Here are 23 questions that will help you land your next deal.
ON FIRST CONTACT
When you are first connecting with your prospect or buyer it is important to gather some basic information. This information should be logged in your business relationship management tool.
- What is your name?
- What is your email?
- What is your industry?
- What is your current role?
- What is your preferred method of contact?
- What problems do you wish to solve?
ON SECOND CONTACT
Now that you are about to reach out to your buyer again it is time to gather a little more information about them. The goal of your second contact to find out more about the industry and workload they are coming from. This will help narrow down exactly how your product/service will best benefit the user.
- What is your company size?
- What is your company name?
- What is your interest level in our product?
- What are you looking forward to in the next quarter?
- What are some of your company goals?
- What are some of your product/service goals?
- How did you find our product/service?
ON THIRD/ FUTURE CONTACTS
Now that you have been in touch with your prospect/client a few times you can begin to gather feedback on future connections with the buyer.
- How would you rate our product overall?
- Have you ever needed to contact our customer service team?
- How would you rate our customer service?
- What content of ours helped you most? (ebooks, blogs, best practices, etc)
- If you had a magic wand what would you change about our product?
- What would you keep?
- When do you anticipate needing more seats/upgrade?
- Would you tell a friend about our product/service?
- What can we do to improve our purchase process?
- Have we gone above your expectations recently?
- How would you rate our onboarding process?
So you have all these great questions but how do you ask them? Ving allows you to pair a survey with a video or audio message from YOU! What better way to connect than with a personal video message. With Ving you can get all the benefits of face to face without the expense of travel.