Facing the challenges of employee retention and satisfaction? Workplace flexibility is one of the best ways to retain and reward your top employees.
According to the Society for Human Resource Management, one of the biggest challenges facing HR professionals in the next decade is retaining and rewarding the best employees. This challenge poses two specific questions for human resources:
- How do we keep our best employees as long as possible?
- How should we reward our top employees so they don’t start looking elsewhere?
There’s actually a simple formula to that helps answer both of these questions.
The article New Data Shows Top Talent Cares More About Remote Work Options Than Free Coffee reports that the majority of small-business owners say that flexible, mobile and remote work options help retain top employees. A three-pronged approach (outlined in the infographic below) has shown to be the most effective. Emphasis is also placed on the importance of staying up to date with latest communication technology for smooth operation and employee satisfaction.
As you view the following infographic, ask yourself these questions:
- How much do I want to retain my staff?
- What flexible work options am I not offering that I could start providing to my employees?
- If I am already offering some/most of these workplace flexibility options to my staff, how can I improve the tech tools they are using to make sure they are well-connected no matter their location?